Many people unknowingly suffer from hormone imbalance. The goal of each individualized bioidentical hormone therapy (BHRT) program is to improve your overall health and well-being, help you to look and feel younger, prevent disease, and delay the aging process so your quality of life improves.
What are the types of Hormone Imbalance?
Hormone imbalance is a general term that can refer to upset levels of any variety of your body’s natural regulatory substances.
Hormones that are commonly imbalanced include:
- Estrogen, which regulates secondary sexual characteristics
- Testosterone, which regulates secondary sexual characteristics
- Melatonin, which regulates sleep
- Thyroid, which regulates calorie burn
- Aldosterone, which regulates salt levels
- Cortisol, which regulates energy
- Progesterone, which regulates pregnancy and menstruation
- DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone), which regulates sexual function and can be converted by your body to other hormones
What are the Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance?
Some of the signs of hormone imbalance are:
- Estrogen: Weight gain, breast cancer, hot flashes, joint pain, migraines
- Testosterone: Low sex drive, male pattern baldness, irregular menses
- Melatonin: Lack of sleep, insomnia, depression
- Thyroid: Hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, anxiety, irregular heartbeat
- Aldosterone: High blood pressure
- Cortisol: Weight gain, excessive stress, high blood pressure
- Progesterone: Low sex drive, mood swings, cramps, acne, urinary tract infections
- DHEA: Adrenal fatigue, joint pain, frequent sickness, loss of muscle mass
Since many people typically experience an imbalance of more than one hormone, you may experience any number of these symptoms as a result of imbalance.
What is the Treatment for Hormone Imbalance?
Hormone imbalance is a complex medical issue. As such, a variety of options are available to treat or help.
Treatments for imbalanced hormones can include:
- Changes in lifestyle, such as increased exercise, healthier diet, better sleep and reduced stress.
- Vitamins and supplements, such as vitamin D, calcium, fish oil, melatonin, zinc and anti-oxidants
- Customized Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) including Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT)
Click below for more details on:
Hormonal imbalance can cause debilitating and even life-threatening problems. Take control of your hormones.